Arizona Sunset Quartz Gemstone
Arizona sunset quartz retains the warmth of a lingering desert evening with its soft magenta and hazy tangerine hues.
Have you ever wished to capture that golden moment found in the setting of a desert sun? The sky is on fire, burning softly as gentle pink hues dance softly with the low heat of orange rays. Arizona sunset quartz captures this magical time for you, a frozen stillness available to enjoy for years to come.
Come and experience the enchanting tones of this unique gemstone, inspired by the romantic sunsets of the Southwestern United States.
How is Arizona Sunset Quartz Made?
Arizona sunset quartz is an assembled triplet gemstone, made from the finest rock crystal quartz available. Sourced from the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais, the quartz here is world-famous for its amazing eye-clean clarity, making this rock the ideal base for creating assembled gemstones such as Arizona sunset quartz. A distinctive colored epoxy layer joins two halves of genuine quartz to create this fascinating treasure.
Quartz in Communication
• Rock crystal was considered by many cultures to be a stone of communication. Practitioners thought that by employing crystals, they could induce or enhance oracular visions. In pop culture, this is most often represented by the use of a crystal ball.
• Interestingly, quartz does have applications in modern communications. As quartz vibrates at a particular frequency, this reliability is exploited by devices such as radios.
Origin of Quartz
• The use of the word quartz can be traced back to the 16th century. It is a German word, used by miners, though the precise origin is unknown.
• The word crystal has Greek roots. The Greek word krystallos means “clear ice.” The Greeks, along with many other ancient cultures, considered rock crystal to be a form of solidified or petrified ice.
Location: Minas Gerais, Brazil
Quartz is one of the most abundant materials on the planet. However, not all quartz is created equal. Brazil is home to many amazing gemstones, and they are considered to be one of the best sources of natural eye-clean rock crystal quartz. Shop LC sources our supply of clear crystal from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Rock crystal, otherwise known as quartz, is mined from the many pegmatite sources found throughout Brazil. Minas Gerais is located right in the middle of a deposit that encompasses a significant portion of the state, making it home to some of the finest crystal quartz around.
Though the clear quartz gems from Minas Gerais are superior regarding color and clarity, they are still first found as rough material. Raw quartz takes a lot of work to shape down to a gem-quality crystal. The experienced eye of a lapidarist will spend time examining a stone, grinding it and analyzing it over and over as it is whittled down, slowly revealing the transparent gem underneath.
This process means that only between five to fifteen-percent of rough quartz becomes a gem! And with triplet gems, the top and bottom will be shaped separately, before fusing with a special colored epoxy. Once securely dried, the gem will be polished a final time to provide a quality finish. After that, it only needs to be set in jewelry before finding a home in your collection.
• Ranks seven on the Mohs scale of hardness.
• Arizona sunset quartz transitions from a soft magenta to a hazy orange.
• Sourced from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
• Arizona sunset quartz is an assembled triplet gemstone.