Caribbean Quartz Gemstone
Caribbean Quartz is a brilliantly colored blue variety of quartz that shimmers like the ocean of its namesake.
Evocative of the clear blue waters of the Caribbean Ocean, Caribbean Quartz possesses a rejuvenating blue hue. A proprietary triplet process is used to infuse each specimen with its coveted blue color. As light plays through the finished gem, it's easy to recall the transparent waters of the ocean when you gaze upon this stone.
• As a manufactured gemstone, Caribbean Quartz has not built up a body of lore. It is not associated with any month or astrological sign.
• Clear crystal quartz is also known as rock crystal.
• Several ancient cultures believed that clear quartz gemstones could quench one's thirst, and drinking vessels were often carved from this gem.
• Blue is considered the most masculine color and is associated with intelligence and concentration.
Quartz is one of the most abundant single minerals on earth. It makes up close to twelve percent of the Earth's crust and occurs in a wide variety of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. It is also one of the most diverse gemstones regarding types, colors, and forms. It has been used for thousands of years.
Gem-quality quartz is found in Africa, Madagascar, India, and the United States. The best quality specimens of natural clear quartz come from Brazil. Shop LC sources its quartz from Brazilian mines and has processed our stones through a unique coloring method to display this highly desired blue hue.
• Caribbean Quartz ranks seven on the Mohs scale.
• The clear crystal quartz used in creating this variety is sourced from Brazil.
• Caribbean Quartz is created from natural quartz crystal through a triplet process.