Evoking the coveted blue of Ceylon sapphires, Ceylon Quartz offers an affordable alternative to the classic gemstone.
Ceylon Quartz is another fabulous entry into the growing range of colorful quartz triplets offered by Shop LC.
With its true blue hue, Ceylon Quartz captures the essence of the quintessential blue sapphire – first introduced to the world by stunning Ceylon sapphires.
How is Ceylon Quartz Made?
Ceylon Quartz is an assembled gemstone known as a triplet. Triplets have three layers. Ceylon Quartz has a crown (top) and pavilion (bottom) layer of natural crystal quartz. The third layer is a specialized combination of color and polymer which adds rich gems is filled with a colored middle layer. This creates the blue color reminiscent of those famous jewels.
Say, What is Ceylon?
• Ceylon Quartz owes its name to the world famous Ceylon sapphire. Ceylon was the former name for Sri Lanka, where these sapphires were mined. Today, Sri Lanka is a world famous producer of precious gemstones.
Ceylon Quartz as a Birthstone
• Blue sapphire is the traditional birthstone for the month of September. The rich color of Ceylon Quartz makes it an elegant substitute for anyone with a September birthday that wants to wear and celebrate this timeless blue hue.
Ceylon Quartz in its final state is an assembled jewel, but it is actually high quality, naturally occurring rock crystal quartz from Minas Gerais, Brazil. Minas Gerais is well regarded for its supply of rock crystal quartz. Most notably, this quartz is free of color and free of inclusions, making it a most desirable material ideal for the production of gemstone triplets.
- Ranks 7 on the Mohs scale.
- Presents as true blue in color.
- Crystal quartz sourced from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Custom blended color and quartz triplet construction produce rich, saturated color.