Indicolita Quartz Gemstone
Capture the vibrant, inky blues of fine indicolite with indicolita quartz.
Indicolite is the blue variety of tourmaline. Shop LC has captured the essence of this amazing gem in indicolita quartz, an assembled triplet gemstone. Indicolita quartz is crafted from clear rock crystal quartz. Two layers of this material are assembled with a colored layer of epoxy, ensuring a secure fit and incredible depth of color that remains consistent throughout the jewel.
Why Choose Indicolita Quartz?
Any blue tourmaline can be considered an indicolite, as long as blue is the dominant hue. The indicolita quartz offered by Shop LC features a vibrant and even inky blue hue. Many gemstones, including tourmalines, see the quality of color change depending on the cut and carat weight of the stone. Stones can lose color as they are shaped, or it can be very dark and unattractive in larger sizes. Triplets gemstones, however, offer a unique advantage. Since they are assembled from high quality rock crystal, stones are eye-clean. As the color is introduced during the assembly process, color is even and gorgeous. This lets anyone own a beautifully colored gemstone in smaller or larger sizes at a low cost, especially when compared to other stones.
Quartz in Communication
• Rock crystal was considered by many cultures to be a stone of communication. Practitioners thought that by employing crystals, they could induce or enhance oracular visions. In pop culture, this is most often represented by the use of a crystal ball.
• Interestingly, quartz does have applications in modern communications. As quartz vibrates at a specific frequency, this reliability is exploited by devices such as radios.
Origin of Quartz
• The use of the word quartz can be traced back to the 16th century. It is a German word, used by miners, though the specific origin is unknown.
• The word crystal has Greek roots. The Greek word krystallos simply means "clear ice." The Greeks, along with many other ancient cultures, considered rock crystal to be a form of solidified or petrified ice.
Quartz is one of the most abundant materials on the planet. However, not all quartz is created equal. Brazil is home to many amazing gemstones, and they are considered to be one of the best sources of natural eye-clean rock crystal quartz. Shop LC sources our supply of clear crystal from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Ranks seven on the Mohs scale of hardness.
- Color presents as an even and vibrant inky blue.
- Sourced from Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Indicolita quartz is an assembled triplet gemstone.