Radiant Orchid Quartz Gemstone
Radiant Orchid Quartz is a stunning stone known for its beautiful and popular fuchsia and purple colors with pink undertones that make it irresistible. With its incredible color Radiant Orchid Quartz is one of the most popular and highly desired gemstones in the world of fashion.
The word quartz is derived from the Greek "krystallos " meaning ice or the German "quarz " meaning hard. The modern name of quartz has also been associated with the Saxon word "querklufterz " meaning cross-vein-ore.
Radiant Orchid Quartz is not only a beautiful gemstone but also one of the most fashionable and popular gemstones today owing to its beautiful color. The color experts at Pantone have declared Radiant Orchid the Color of the Year for 2014 making this stone even more desirable for collectors.
Radiant Orchid Quartz has undergone a unique coloring process. We have taken very high quality natural clear quartz crystals and colored them to create the popular and beautiful purple hues. Radiant Orchid Quartz is fine transparent quartz that sparkles brilliantly as light passes through the stone uninterrupted. Shop LC is proud to bring our customers this highly desired colored stone at a fraction of the cost of other retailers while maintaining our outstanding quality.
According to Pantone "Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive creative and embracing purple - one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. Radiant Orchid emanates great joy love and health."
• Quartz has been around for thousands of years and it continues to be a popular gemstone among the general public. It is strongly associated with interesting folklore and healing properties. Many who wear it even today believe in its powers - just as those in ancient times did.
• Some of the earliest tools fashioned by man were made of Quartz. Dating back to 2.5 million years ago primitive quartz tools were discovered in the Omo valley of Ethiopia. It is believed that Quartz was used because of its hardness and isotropic brittleness that made the fashioning of the tools relatively easy.
• Quartz is known to heighten the energy of other gemstones and is considered an important healing stone. It is said to illuminate the soul. It cleanses and transmits energies while removing barriers to spiritual growth and filtering negative energy.
• Quartz is said to encourage feelings of tranquility and forgiveness. It is used by crystal healers to strengthen the immune system.
• This gemstone brings forth a person's strengths and originality.
• Quartz is a sleep aid crystal used to ward off bad dreams or fear of the dark in children. It is also a good calming stress reliever.
• This stone is a strong healing stone that is known to attract love and encourage a calm and centered state of mind.
• The largest documented single crystal of quartz was found near Itapore Goiaz in Brazil; it measured approximately 6.1 by 1.5 by 1.5 meters and weighed more than 44 tons.
• The color Radiant Orchid suggests creativity and ingenuity which may appeal to fashion-minded tech-savvy people.
• Crystal healers have used quartz to boost the immune and circulatory systems. It may act as a pain reliever by placing it on affected areas.
Quartz is one of the most abundant single minerals on earth. It makes up close to 12 percent of the earth's crust and occurs in a wide variety of igneous metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. It is also the most diverse gemstone in terms of varieties colors forms and has been used for thousands of years.
While quartz can also be found in Africa Madagascar India and the United States the best quality and most brilliant natural clear quartz crystals are found in Brazil. Shop LC sources clear quartz crystals gemstones from Brazilian mines and we have taken our stones through a unique coloring process to display this highly desired orchid hue.
• Ranks 7.0 on the Mohs hardness scale.
• Quartz comes in a full spectrum of colors but radiant orchid quartz is a transparent orchid pink-lavender.
• Sourced from Brazil.
• Member of the quartz family.
• This gemstone has undergone a coloring process and conversion to a triplet.