Mystic Twilight Topaz Gemstone
Capturing the gentle light of a setting sun, mystic twilight topaz radiates with romantic charm.
Topaz is an amazingly variable gem, available in a dizzying variety of styles. Mystic twilight topaz represents once such variety. This gemstone harnesses the essence of colors that twilight represents, featuring warm yellows, passionate pinks, and dusky oranges. Mystic twilight topaz sometimes draws comparisons to the range of colors seen in fine imperial topaz.
Mystic twilight topaz gemstones are finished eye-clean to best display their incredible color range. When polished, these gems shine with a brilliant glassy luster. But, how do they get there?
Mystic topaz represents a large variety of treated gemstones. A special coating of oxidized metal is applied to the surface of a gem that has already undergone cutting and polishing. This coating helps light refract through the gem in different ways, creating the unique varieties of colored mystic topaz enjoyed in the market today.
These gemstones feature easy care! Only a mild dishwashing soap, lukewarm water, and a soft dry cloth are needed. Scrub the stone with a soft bristled brush that’s been dipped into the soap and water solution, and rinse with cool water. After, use the cloth to dry it carefully.
Since mystic twilight topaz is a coated gemstone, it can be more vulnerable to scratches and abrasions than other gems. Also, topaz features perfect cleavage, making it susceptible to breaks or fractures if struck just right. As with any jewelry, wear mystic twilight topaz with care, and tuck it safely away in your jewelry box when not wearing it. Handle mystic topaz with the same care you would pearls. Avoid steam and ultrasonic cleaners.
Mystic Twilight Topaz as a Birthstone
• Topaz is the modern birthstone for November, making mystic twilight topaz an excellent alternative to the traditional red or orange topaz gem. Topaz has been worn as a traditional birthstone by many cultures, since at least the 15th century.
• Topaz is also a birthstone for Sagittarians. Sagittarius is the tropical zodiac sign for those born between November 21st and December 21st.
• If you’re celebrating your 16th wedding anniversary, consider mystic twilight topaz jewelry. Topaz is the traditional gift for this anniversary year.
Location: Minas Gerais, Brazil
Brazil is home to an incredible bounty of natural gemstone resources. Shop LC sources colorless topaz from Minas Gerais, Brazil for use in our mystic twilight topaz.
Brazil is particularly famous for its supply of imperial topaz, but the country produces much of the fine white topaz used today. Once cut and polished, this topaz is practically crystal clear, making it suitable for transformation into blue topaz or mystic topaz.
• Ranks eight on the Mohs scale of hardness.
• Mystic twilight topaz displays a tantalizing array of yellows, pinks, and oranges.
• Sourced from Brazil.
• Mystic twilight topaz receives a special coating to create amazing colors.